LOVE!

LOVE!
The Parental Units

Alexis

Alexis
She is a shining star, a leader.

Trenton

Trenton
My one and only boy-child.

Jessa

Jessa
She is ALWAYS Batman.

Corina

Corina
The sourpuss, a/k/a lemon cat

Thursday, June 6, 2013

BULK SHOPPING

I'm going shopping grocery shopping in a few days, I'll have to wait for a day when Jason is off because I'll need two carts and help telling the kids no to every sugar packed, processed, crap. Plus, this will be my big monthly trip to the dreaded Walmart. They price match, I can get all the local deals in one store during one trip. That is extremely valuable to me to even if I dislike everything that Walmart stands for.

First, I hit up my trusty app Out of Milk. You enter your zip code and it pulls all the ads within 50 miles. Sales galore! I just click what I want and it automatically adds to my list I had been working on this week. In addition; it also tallies up the total for you so there won't be any surprises when you check out. I take either my phone or tablet with me when I go, so I can keep track of everything and show the cashier the ad price if I am asked to prove a price... which has NEVER happened.

As you know, I am a diet soda drinker. I cannot function without it. Two weeks ago Safeway had a Coke sale, buy two 12 packs get 2 free. I stocked up. This week Pepsi is offering $2.50 for 12 packs... I added 10 cases to my shopping list. I'm going to have soda forever. Ha! Capri Sun is on a sale too, I don't ordinarily buy that for the kids but they like it a lot and I met them in the middle, we decided on the Roaring Waters variety as it has less sugar. Anyway, its $1.00 for a box, I added 10 boxes to the list.  And, bottled water is $2.00 for a case of 34, I added 8 cases to my list. I know it sounds ridiculous to be buying in  like this but this is a GREAT way to save money. In fact, I will easily save myself over $80 in these items alone. When it comes to luxuries like this... Savings are crucial. Quick breakdown: 10 cases of soda, 10 cases of Capri sun, and 8 cases of water for $51.

Meats are on sale again, I'll be purchasing nearly 40lbs of meats during this trip. That will more than likely keep my family going for 6 months, we don't eat a ton ton of meat but summers are for grilling! With that said, Veggie Burgers are on sale too! Holla!

Canned goods, oh my! Black beans are on sale of $.69 a can. Yeeeah! So are kidney beans and garbanzo beans. I've 30 cans of beans on my list. Canned corn too, for salads, I'll be grabbing 10 cans at $.59 a piece. And because its grilling season, canned pineapple chunks for shishcabobs, they're $.69 a piece too...10 cans. Tuna? $.59 for Bumblebee! I'll take 15.

Then we get into all the items I can freeze, shredded cheese, bread, tortillas, veggies, etc. Yeah, I'm THAT lady... I've turned into my mother by freezing everything imaginable. It is really convenient, I have to say.

Boxed meals and pastas, Rice a Roni is $.79 a box, Suddenly Salad is $.99, and veggie roti is $.99. Between the three of them I have 30 on my list.

Also, some junk foods are on sale. I'm going to be naughty. I'm buying in bulk. My grown up stash is going to be off the hook. Chips Ahoy $1.29, Flaming Hot Cheetos and Pringles $.99, and I have 3 manufacturer coupons for $1.00 off Oreos which are currently prices at $1.79.

Luckily my new home has 2 huge pantries and tons of storage. I also have three rrefrigerators...although I'm currently only using two of them.

In closing why aren't pita chips and hummus ever on sale!? Even beer goes on sale but good hummus never is. Boo to that.

My total trip, per the Out of Milk app, is $206.41. That includes my regular weekly grocery items and my monthly bulk items. I'd say its pretty damn good.







No comments:

Post a Comment