LOVE!

LOVE!
The Parental Units

Alexis

Alexis
She is a shining star, a leader.

Trenton

Trenton
My one and only boy-child.

Jessa

Jessa
She is ALWAYS Batman.

Corina

Corina
The sourpuss, a/k/a lemon cat

Sunday, April 28, 2013

BITS OF LOVE


Some people spell love this way, L-O-V-E, I spell it differently; Alexis-Trenton-Jessa-Corina. I absolutely love being a mama and the funniest thing...I never really wanted to be a parent when I was younger. When I was twenty one years old kids were the last thing on my mind, I was the youngest in my family and always spoiled, and boy was I selfish. I figured I would have kids some day but not until I was on my way into my thirties. You know, I had a plan, I would finally settle down when I was twenty nine/thirty years old, get married, have a kid or two, and live happily ever after. Pffft, I screwed that plan up, unintentionally of course.

I was pregnant six months into my twenty first year and it was a surprise. My little Biscuit, Alexis, was born shortly after I turned twenty two. I sucked at being a mama, I had no idea what I was doing and I made a lot of mistakes. Finally, I got into the swing of things and fell so magically in love with that little girl I would do anything to make her happy even give her a sibling, then there was my sweet boy, Trenton, three years later. At first I was afraid that I wouldn't have enough love to go around, that I couldn't love him as much as I loved Alexis. It's strange but my heart grew to accommodate him. I didn't have to share the love I had for Alexis, Trenton had his own special piece of my heart. Three years after that there was my little Bunny, Jessa, and although I wasn't as worried about having enough love for her as I was for Trenton, it still lingered in the back of my mind. Lo and behold my heart grew EVEN more to accommodate her. Fast forward another three years and there was my little Lemon, Corina, in my arms. You guessed it, my heart was about to explode it was so big!

The problem with having this huge, love filled, heart is that once you dedicate a piece to a child it's theirs and they have the ability to break it. They don't do it on purpose at this age but I'm sure that they will as they get older. I have many pieces in my heart but the biggest four parts are for my babies, I decided not to label the rest because I would probably be wrecking my brain trying to decide how important shoes or diet soda are to me.



I'm really lucky to have these four little pieces of sunshine; I couldn't have asked for a better lot of little humans. I love them, I cannot imagine my life without them and I feel honored to be their mama. Yes, they get into trouble, disappoint me, and frustrate me but they also love me unconditionally, cause extreme laughter, and teach me things about myself and the world. It's funny, I vowed to not have kids after thirty because that is far too old to be having children, in my opinion because I had started early in life building little humans, and I didn't want my kids to be too far apart in age. Look at me, I'm a freaking hypocrite!  I had Corina when I was 31, there is 9 years between my youngest and oldest. Will there be more? Could there be more... the world may never know, but I do know; I have lots of room in my heart for kids. Mine, yours, theirs... I just love them and find them fascinating and will more than likely spend more time talking to children than their parents.

Gosh. This post was alllll over the place and poorly constructed. Whoops. Eh, it's my blog and I do what I want. Speaking of what I want, I want a mimosa. Deuces, peeps!


No comments:

Post a Comment