LOVE!

LOVE!
The Parental Units

Alexis

Alexis
She is a shining star, a leader.

Trenton

Trenton
My one and only boy-child.

Jessa

Jessa
She is ALWAYS Batman.

Corina

Corina
The sourpuss, a/k/a lemon cat

Saturday, August 31, 2013

BEAMING!

I am so proud of my son! He has really been shining the last few weeks; he is so sweet, loving, and thoughtful. He has been doing outstanding in school both behaviorally and scholastically. He is so patient and kind with his baby sister and so very thoughtful when it comes to others feelings. I suppose this is normal mother to son reactions BUT no. You see last year Trenton was just terrible, he was in the principles office regularly, he wasn't interested in school, and he was behaviorally awful. He was a thief, a liar, a brat, he made bad choices just despite me, he was mean and nasty to his sisters and it all started when he started Kindergarten. In retrospect I think I caused ass this as I micromanaged his life and when he was allowed freedom he just went wild, who knows.

I feel so accomplished and proud, as a successful parent, but most importantly I am PROUD of him and his choices. He has come around, he is just such a joy. I am beaming with happiness and pride and so is he! The school he is going to is very small, it's actually a college prep school... weird, right? But they start implementing college type strategies and organization early on so the transition will not be as difficult when they get older. They have a lot of extra homework, they participate in a community service program once a week, and there is only 17 kids in his class.The entire school consists of 2 sixth grade classes, 2 fifth grade classes (30 total students combined and I only tell you this because my oldest daughter is in fifth grade), 1 fourth grade class, 1 third grade class and 2 classes of kindergarten and first grade. In Trenton's classroom they have a chart, purple being the 'best' and red being the 'worst.' He is getting extra treats and trying extra hard to achieve a personal goal in school (getting 12 purples in the next month) and I promised to buy him new riding gear for his dirt bike. Last week he has THREE purples...who is this kid?!

Trenton has been really attentive and kind to his baby sister since day one, he reads and plays with her and spends a lot of time trying to teach her things. IT IS ADORABLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment