LOVE!

LOVE!
The Parental Units

Alexis

Alexis
She is a shining star, a leader.

Trenton

Trenton
My one and only boy-child.

Jessa

Jessa
She is ALWAYS Batman.

Corina

Corina
The sourpuss, a/k/a lemon cat

Sunday, June 27, 2010

How do I know if I'm in love?

To be honest, I can't really answer that question as you would expect. I've known Chad for 8 years, dated him for 7 years, and been married to him for 5 years. In the beginning I had the butterflies when we talked, my chest ached when we bickered, and we had amazing chemistry in bed. It seemed we had all the right components for the "L" word, right? I can't remember when we had actually exchanged the "L" word, but I know it seemed appropriate and the anxiety was over. It wasn't until 3 years ago that I really understood what love was. It was a new feeling and it hit me one night. I have no idea why it took so long and I was a little confused because I thought that I had loved him long before that nigh. It was a flood of happiness mixed with fear and a little fluttery feeling in my chest. The fear came from thinking that I would be devastated if he ever loved someone else like I loved him. That was really scary to me. I wanted to be his forever and prior to that I guess I was in the juvenile stage of "if he loves me he loves me and if not eff him!" I bet you are wondering where I'm going with this. Well, last night I was laying in bed with Chad and we were spooning (I was the little spoon, yay!) and his arm was across me. I swear it was the perfect fit, like a puzzle piece. His forearm fit perfectly between my hip bone and my ribcage. I had an epiphany, we were meant for each other. We just fit, we work, and I love him like no other. I like that every so often I have one of these reminders, even if it is a little weird, it really helps me not to take my husband for granted. It's so easy to get into a routine and just go with the motions.



This is Chad and I at our second wedding. Our first wedding was more of a personal event. We had gotten married on a golf course in Califonia, it was a crazy day!

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! You are right, love-- and what it means to us-- changes all the time.

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I get these epiphanies too at times. Colin and I also had 2 weddings. Most don't know that...as the first one was secret.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth, Only my friends know we had a first wedding, we never did tell our parents. I'm sure we would NEVER hear the end of it from them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I understand! Our parents, especially his, would freak out!! Our "real" wedding was October 2004...but our big wedding that everyone knows about was February 2005. Only a few people know.

    ReplyDelete