LOVE!

LOVE!
The Parental Units

Alexis

Alexis
She is a shining star, a leader.

Trenton

Trenton
My one and only boy-child.

Jessa

Jessa
She is ALWAYS Batman.

Corina

Corina
The sourpuss, a/k/a lemon cat

Monday, June 28, 2010

Funny entries.

I have a Livejournal, I've blogged there for years. It's a personal blog and it's locked. I have something like 60 followers who are personal friends and I know they won;t judge anything I write there. I was going through some entries and I found a couple jems that I thought I would share.



I'm going to be a great parent | November 8, 2003

Learned watching The West Wing: Babies come with hats.

Okay, makes sense - most of the body's heat loss is from the head, and most babies have little or no hair, so as long as they are lying in the hospital's baby room and not being held, this sounds very practical.

Learned reading a fabric softener box: Most baby sleepwear is flame resistant.

Now, I know that my clothes aren't flame resistant. As far as I can see, there are only three possible explanations for flame resistant baby PJ's. Either A too many smokers were inadvertantly lighting their babies on fire with cigarette ashes, or B parents felt that if their house burned down it would be more humane for the child to die of suffocation, or C babies conduct too much static electricity for their own good.


Wost Mommy EVER. | June 4, 2004
So there I was with my nifty Snugli baby backpack thingy on and I was talking to my friend Esmerelda, who was in my kitchen talking to me telling me to throw away her cup. I have Lexi on my back instead upfront as usual. I was busily talking about stuff and she said she was going home so I could get the rest of my housework done. I turn around to toss the cup into the garbage totally forgetting about Lexi on my back and *bonk* her head hits the wall. I felt so shitty, but I was laughing my ass off. She was crying and I was laughing. It didn't even leave a bump or anything but I felt like a huge ass. To top it off I was'nt even alone... my friend was here. I wonder if she thinks I am a crappy mom now? LOL I don't really care...I think it was effing funny.


2 comments:

  1. Love the one about bonking Lexi's head. I totally would laugh about something like that too. :D

    ReplyDelete