LOVE!

LOVE!
The Parental Units

Alexis

Alexis
She is a shining star, a leader.

Trenton

Trenton
My one and only boy-child.

Jessa

Jessa
She is ALWAYS Batman.

Corina

Corina
The sourpuss, a/k/a lemon cat

Thursday, August 1, 2013

wah wah wah


Why would you have children and them constantly complain about your life? I've heard mothers and fathers both complain about not having enough time to take care of their home, not getting enough sleep, the children ruining things, and so on. I understand that kids can sometimes be a pain in the ass; but if you're complaining more than complimenting...what gives?

I am definitely not super mom, my kids make me want to scream and I don't always have time to complete my housework. In fact, some days I don't complete anything I had set out to do. I have many failures, I make mistakes, and sometimes I yell at the kids when I should not. I find myself sharing my failures and mishaps with other parents as it is relatable. I don't whine that I can't sleep because a child was up all night sick, I don't complain that I can never get things done, and I never seek pity for having children. I made the choice to be a parent and I also make the choice to find joy in the raising of the children.

I know when you're with close friends it is common to unload your frustrations and joys as a parent but what about constantly blasting it on Facebook?  And its typically negative? Yes. We all know patenting is hard, we don't need a reminder.

Now, I know that I'm being mildly rude. Fine. I'm just being a snotty brat and I probably seem like I'm 'holier than thou.' I just don't understand. I have 4 babies ranging from 9 years old to 6 months old and I have time for naps, I typically keep my home in order, and I have ample alone time. In addition; my time management skills are superb when it comes to the children. When it comes down to it...you've nobody to blame but yourself, kids only know what we teach them when they're little.

Mmmkay, I'm done.



No comments:

Post a Comment