LOVE!

LOVE!
The Parental Units

Alexis

Alexis
She is a shining star, a leader.

Trenton

Trenton
My one and only boy-child.

Jessa

Jessa
She is ALWAYS Batman.

Corina

Corina
The sourpuss, a/k/a lemon cat

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Love: through a child's eyes

Children spell love 'T-I-M-E.'

You can't expect a child to have a healthy relationship with anyone if they don't have time to spend with them and it pretty much goes without saying that if you don't put forth an effort to spend time with a child you are letting them know that they're not important. You can tell a child a thousand times that you love them but if you fail to show them...it's just words. What excuse is good enough to destroy a relationship with a child?

I am, clearly, blessed with Jason. He is such a good dad to the kids; he teaches then, he shows up for every event, tucks them in every night, and he spends quality time with each child individually. All of the kids have a great relationship with him, it's especially important to Alexis though. She spends a lot of time discussing theories and ideas with him and she frequently discusses religion with him. She is always seeking advice from him in regards to her biological father as his parents divorced when he was young and his dad slowly faded out of the picture.  Bunny, she is all about loving everyone, she tells everyone she has two dads, she has no care in the world. Trenton wants to relate with Jason, although he has the hardest time, he was the one damaged most by the divorce. Trenton has loyalty issues; he wants to please his biological father but he has fun with Jason. Trenton is engrossed with dirt bikes and motorcycles and he and Jason are two peas in a pod in that area. Lemon, she's a baby and none of this is an issue for her, besides she has both biological parents at home.

Sometimes I feel angry, I judge, and I lash out because I want my children to have a better relationship with their biological father. I have been working very hard on this particular area, here are my guidelines:

1.) Mind my own business, I cannot control anyone and it's not my place.
2.) Do not judge anyone's decisions EVEN if it directly effects me, it's wrong.
3.) Love unconditionally, even those I'm not fond of.
4.) Be understanding, he IS a good person.
5.) I am not perfect, I make mistakes too.

I'm going to keep rolling with the punches, I will probably always have negative feelings in regards to this. They're my babies and I want to protect them, I will do everything in my power to just that...protect them. I love them more than anything in this world and would do anything for them. They're great kids and I am extremely proud of them, no matter what they say it do I will always be their mama, ROAR.



No comments:

Post a Comment